About The Practice
Dr. Rachel is uniquely different in that he is quadruple board certified in facial plastic surgery by the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery, in head and neck surgery by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, in cosmetic surgery by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery and in Facial Cosmetic Surgery by the American Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery. He is a proponent of preserving individuality and enhancing nature through surgical and aesthetic treatments. Dr. Rachel approaches each person as a unique individual, and tailors his treatment differently for every patient to optimize and achieve their goals. As an innovator in body sculpting and facial surgery, Dr. Rachel has been involved in shaping the future of Cosmetic Surgery. He has served on boards and committees for the American Medical Association, the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, and the Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery. He is actively involved in the advancements of the most current cosmetic technology, continues to write publications, and is intimately involved in the training and the qualifying process of future physicians.
MetropolitanMD has a history of excellence in providing facial plastic surgery to clients from all over the country. Our facilities are state-of –the –art and we offer the latest in innovative procedures and products. The Center is certified by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Healthcare. The operating rooms, recovery room facilities, and treatment rooms meet the highest quality and standard of care for an ambulatory surgery center. We are here to personally address your needs throughout your entire visit.
MetropolitanMD is Chicago’s premier cosmetic center offering facial plastic surgery, cosmetic liposculpture, reconstructive surgery with excision of skin lesions, nonsurgical cosmetic therapies, and ear/nose/ throat care. Dr. John Rachel heads MetropolitanMD and has extensive training and expertise and is quadruple board certified in 4 subspecialities. MetropolitanMD prides itself in its mission to be one of the premier centers for medical and surgical rejuvenation. With spacious state of the art facilities in Glenview and downtown Chicago, MetropolitanMD offers the cutting edge procedures in minimally invasive surgery, skin care evaluation and treatment, facial and body rejuvenation, and is a one-stop resource for the most effective beautifying cosmeceuticals.
Prosper Healthcare Lending
Facial Cosmetic Surgery - 2009
The American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
The American Board of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery.
The American Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery.
President and Director – MetropolitanMD Chicago, Illinois
American College of Surgeons – Fellow
Diplomate – American Board of Facial Plastic And Reconstructive Surgery
Diplomate – American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Diplomate – American Board of of Cosmetic Surgery
Diplomate- American Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery
American Medical Association – Member
Past Board Trustee and Examiner – American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
Past Board of Directors – Cosmetic Surgery Foundation
Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellow
American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Beeson Cosmetic Surgery Institute-Indianapolis, IN
Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Resident
Wayne State University- Detroit Medical Center Hospitals
General Surgery Resident
Wayne State University, Detroit Medical Center Hospitals
Doctor of Medicine
Wayne State University
School of Medicine
Bachelor of Science- Honors
Michigan State University
National Institutes of Health Grant#5T32DC00026-08
Department of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery
Neurophysiology Laboratory c/o James Kaltenbach, Ph. D.
Microcirculation Laboratory c/o Wayne Quirk, Ph.D.
Research Grant Fellow
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
c/o Jeffery Barker, MD
- Wolf DA, Beeson W, Rachel JD, et al. Mesothelial Stem Cells and Stomal Vascular Fraction for Skin Rejuvenation. Facial Plastic Surg Clinics. 2018 Nov (26:4): 513-532.
- Rachel, JD, Lack EB, Larson B.Incidence of Complications and Early Recurrence in 29 Patients After Facial Rejuvenation with Barbed Suture Lifting. Dermatol Surg. 2010 Mar (36):348-354.
- Lack EB, Rachel JD, D’Andrea L, Corres J. Relationship of energy settings and impedance in different anatomical areas using a radiofrequency device. Dermatol Surg. 2005 Dec;31(12): 1668-70.
- Lack EB, Rachel JD: Resolution of retracted scar after 585-nm pulse dye laser surgery. J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2004: 6;149-51.
- Rachel JD, Jamora JJ: Skin rejuvenation regimens: a profilometry and histopathologic study. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2003: Mar-Apr; 5(2);145-9.
- Lack EB, Rachel JD, Patrascu OM: Effects of Clonidine on Propofol-based Anesthesia. Amer J of Cosmetic Surg. 2002: 19(2):87-9.
- Kaltenbach JA, Rachel JD, Mathog TA, Zhang J, Falzarano PR, Lweandowski M: Cisplatin-induced hyperactivity in the dorsal cochlear nucleus and its relation to outer hair cell loss: relevance to tinnitus. J Neurophysiol. 2002: Aug; 88(2):699-714.
- Beeson WB, Rachel JD: Valcylovir Prophylaxis for Herpes Simplex Virus Infection or Infection Recurrence following Laser Skin Resurfacing. Dermatol Surg. 2002: Apr,28(4):331-6.
- Rachel JD, Kaltenbach JA, Janisse J: Increases in spontaneous neural activity in the hamster dorsal cochlear nucleus following cisplatin treatment: a possible basis for cisplatin-induced tinnitus. Hear Res. 2002: Feb; 164(1-2): 206-14.
- Beeson WB, Slama TG, Beeler, Rachel JD, Picerno NH: Group A Streptococcal Fasciitis Following Submental Tumescent Liposuction. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2001: Oct-Dec 3(4):277-9.
- Rachel JD, Mathog RH: Nasal Alar Necrosis. Laryngoscope. 2000; 110:1437-1441.
- Dworkin JP, Rachel JD, Meleca RJ: Evaluation of Post-Surgical Vocal Cord Paralysis. Phonoscope. 1999; 2:193-202.
- Arden RL, Rachel JD, Marks SC: Volume-Length Impact of Lateral Jaw Resections Upon Complication Rates. Arch Otolaryngol. 1999; 125:68-72.
- Dziadziola JK, Rachel JD, Quirk WS. Beta Histine Increases Vestibular Blood Flow. Otolaryngol. Head Neck Surg. 1999; 120:400-405.
- Rachel JD, Dziadziola JD, Quirk WS. Atrial Natriuretic Peptide Participates in the Regulation of Vestibular Blood Flow. Hear Res. 1995; 89:181-186.
- Otoplasty – Combine Otoplasty Technique (podium) American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery 29th Annual Scientific Meeting. January 2013
- Open Rhinoplasty – Techniques and Outcomes (podium) American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery 26th Annual Scientific Meeting. January 2010
- Nonablative Fractional Resurfacing (podium) American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Annual Fall Meeting. September 2009
- Affirm Fractionated Resurfacing (podium) American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Annual Fall Meeting. September 2008
- Use of Nasal Implant to Prevent Collapse in Open Rhinoplasty (poster) 54th American Rhinological Society Annual Scientific Meeting. September 2008
- Use of Suspension and Stabilizing Implants in Nasal Valve Obstruction (poster) 54th American Rhinological Society Annual Scientific Meeting. September 2008
- The Art of Rhinoplasty (podium) American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery 24th Annual Scientific Meeting. January 2008.
- Composite Contour Forehead Lift (podium) American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery 23rd Annual Scientific Meeting. January 2007.
- Piggyback Vascular Boost to Enhance Flap Survival in a Radiated Field (poster) 110th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Foundation. September, 2006.
- Anterior Neck Banding: Diagnosis and Treatment. (podium) American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery 20th Annual Scientific Meeting. January, 2004.
- Skin Rejuvenation Regimes: A Profilometry and Histopathological Study. (podium) American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery 18th Annual Scientific Meeting. January, 2002.
- Cisplatin Induced Effects on the Dorsal Cochlear Nucleus. (podium) Association for Research in Otolaryngology Midwinter Meeting. February, 2000.
- Spontaneous Nasal Alar Necrosis. (poster) The Middle Section of The Triological Society. January, 2000.
- Evaluation of Post-Surgical Vocal Cord Paralysis. (poster) 102nd Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Foundation. September, 1998.
- Atrial Natriuretic Peptide Participates in the Regulation of Vestibular Blood Flow. (poster) Association for Research in Otolaryngology Midwinter Meeting. February, 1995.
- Comparison of the Distribution of GABA – A Receptor Subunits and Diazepam Insensitive Binding. (poster) NIH Summer Research Program Poster Day. August, 1992.
There are not any reviews available at this time.