About The Practice
Southern Surgical Arts is the practice of Dr. Chad Deal. Hard work, determination and perseverance only begin to describe Dr. Deal’s commitment to surgical artistry. Dr. Deal is certified by the opens in a new windowAmerican Board of Cosmetic Surgery (ABCS), the opens in a new windowAmerican Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery (ABFCS), as well as the opens in a new window American Board of Surgery (ABS). With intense focus on cosmetic surgery, he has exceptional skill and artistic vision, which is illuminated in the outcomes of more than 4,800 cosmetic surgical procedures.
Dr. Deal’s extensive training, experience and passion are great assets to field of cosmetic surgery. Everything he does reflects his sincerity. He feels blessed to have the opportunity to help people make profound changes in their lives through cosmetic surgery. Since his arrival in southeast Tennessee, Dr. Deal has been publicly recognized for his work. He was selected as a finalist in Best of the Best awards for Best Cosmetic Surgeon in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. In 2016 and 2017, he won Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Chattanooga, TN. He was also awarded the Patient’s Choice Award and The Most Compassionate Doctor Award on Vitals.com.
Dr. Deal trains surgeons from around the world in courses sponsored by the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery and the American Society of Cosmetic Physicians. He has presented his techniques for Brazilian Butt Lifts and Mommy Makeovers numerous times since 2011. He is known for his extensive knowledge of the body anatomy and was the cadaver lab director at the New and Established Techniques in Breast and Body Contouring: A Hands-On Cadaver Workshop in St. Louis, MO on Brazilian Butt Lifts and Breast Lifts.
Dr. Deal is the Program Director of Southern Surgical Arts’ American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery’s Fellowship Program, and trains talented surgeons from around the country every year. The surgeons who finish the fellowship program are eligible to become certified by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery. Dr. Deal is an ABCS Board examiner and is on the Written Exam Committee. In addition, he serves on the AACS Fellowship Committee, which focuses on establishing educational criteria for AACS Fellowships.
- opens in a new windowBreast Augmentation
- opens in a new windowBreast Lift
- opens in a new windowMommy Makeover
- opens in a new windowTummy Tuck
- Brazilian Butt Lift
- opens in a new windowLiposuction
- opens in a new windowVaginal Rejuvenation
- opens in a new windowBody Lift
- opens in a new windowThigh Lift
- opens in a new windowCellulite Reduction
General Cosmetic Surgery - 2011
- Diplomat, American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
- Associate Fellow, American Board of Surgery
- Basic Cardiac Life Support, Provider
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Provider
- Advanced Trauma Life Support, Provider
- Fellow, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Hamilton County Medical Society
- Tennessee Medical Association
Dr. Deal graduated from the University of Alabama School of Medicine in 2004. After graduating, Dr. Deal spent 5 years training as a general surgeon with Baptist Health Systems in Birmingham where he served as a Chief Resident. In 2010, Dr. Deal completed a cosmetic surgery fellowship program in Las Vegas under the guidance of Dr. Lane Smith, a world-renowned and quadruple board-certified Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon. During his fellowship year alone, Dr. Deal performed more than 850 cosmetic surgery procedures. Since then, Dr. Deal has performed more than 4,000 cosmetic surgery procedures.
- Las Vegas Plastic Surgery Institute, Las Vegas, Nevada
Cosmetic Surgery Fellow, July 2010
- Baptist Health System, Medical Education, Birmingham, Alabama
General Surgery resident, July 2009
- University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, Alabama
Doctorate of Medicine, May 2004
- UAB, Birmingham, Alabama
Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology, June 2000
- Best of the Best Award, finalist, Chattanooga, TN, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Best of the Best Award, Winner, Chattanooga, TN, 2016 and 2017
- Most Compassionate Doctor Award, Vitals.com, 2012
- Patient’s Choice Award, Vitals.com, 2012
- Early Promotion to Chief Resident as a PGY-4
- Graduated top 25%, UAB School of Medicine
- Graduated First in Class, Magna Cum Laude, 4.0 GPA, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Finalist, Research Competition, National Consortium of Breast Centers Annual Conference
- Finalist, Resident Research Competition, American College of Surgeons, Alabama Chapter
- Samuel Clements Little Award (First in Class in Neurology Clerkship), UAB School of Medicine
- Freshman Chemistry Student of the Year, UAB Walker College
- Organic Chemistry Student of the Year, UAB Walker College
- Valedictorian, UAB Walker College
There are not any reviews available at this time.