We are committed to assisting patients who choose to undergo cosmetic surgery. If you're considering a procedure, use the resources on this site to learn about topics like the following:
- Board Certification and why it matters
- How to choose a cosmetic Surgeon
- How to locate a Board Certified cosmetic surgeon
- Understanding this unique subspecialty of medicine
- Knowing the difference between cosmetic and plastic surgery
Understanding the Subspecialty that is Cosmetic Surgery
- The goals, skills and expertise of a cosmetic surgeon are explained in What is Cosmetic Surgery.
- To learn more about what makes cosmetic surgery unique, read Cosmetic Surgery vs. Plastic Surgery.
With our strict qualifications, rigorous examinations and ongoing assessments, the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery is the highest standard of measure for this specialty.
No other certifying board exclusively tests knowledge and experience in cosmetic surgery - the enhancement of appearance through surgical and medical techniques. Furthermore, candidates must already possess at least one recognized board certificate before they can even be considered for certification through the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery.
How to Locate and Choose a Cosmetic Surgeon
Patients often build long-term professional relationships with their cosmetic surgeon, returning periodically to maintain a certain appearance standard. Relationships like these are advantageous for many reasons. To find a cosmetic surgeon that you can trust and depend on for long-term care, follow the guidelines we have outlined on Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon.
Our members can be found across the entire United States. Use our directory or search function to locate a cosmetic surgeon in your area.