About The Practice
Welcome to the Award Winning Michigan Center for Cosmetic Surgery, a AAAHC accredited surgical facility. We offer comprehensive cosmetic surgical, minimally invasive, and non surgical treatment options for men and women. Patients travel to our facility from around the world.
Located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, we are within easy driving distance of the Detroit metropolitan region, Windsor, Ontario and Toledo, Ohio. Detroit Metropolitan Airport is less than 30 minutes away, and a short flight from Chicago, Cincinnati, and Toronto. We are known for our personable, friendly staff and the quality of care given to all our patients. Accreditation surveys have consistently rated us as exceptional.
Dr. Burke is the founder and director of the Michigan Center for Cosmetic Surgery. He served as a Captain in the United States Air Force in the Air Training Command. He has a world wide professional reputation as a surgeon, educator and journal editor. He is on the clinical faculty of the University of Michigan (adjunct Clinical professor) and Michigan State University (Clinical professor). His patients love his skills and the personal touch provided by him and his staff. Many of his patients have referred their family and friends.
We offer a complete range of surgical, minimally invasive, and non surgical procedure options which include treatment of the face, skin, body and breasts. Treatment is individualized based on your needs and goals.
Dr. Burke’s Natural “Mommy Makeovers” combine multiple procedures involving the breasts, body, and abdomen.
We’ve partnered with M-Lend and Care Credit to offer prequalification before your free consultation. The application process takes just a few minutes so why wait? Apply now and see if you qualify for interest free financing.
Facial and Dermatologic Cosmetic Surgery - 1991
General Cosmetic Surgery - 1997
- Lifetime Certification
American Board of Cosmetic Surgery: Facial Cosmetic Surgery’91; Dermatologic Cosmetic Surgery’91; General Cosmetic Surgery ’97
American Board of Oral and Maxilloffacial Surgery
Clinical Professor Michigan State University
Adjunct Clinical Professor University of Michigan
University of Michigan
Michigan State University
Clinical Professor Michigan State University; Adjunct Clinical Professor University of Michigan; Award of Specil Merit from the American Association of Orthodontists ; European Society of Aesthetic Surgery Award of Merit; Michigan State Medical Society President’s Award two times; President’s Award American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery; Top Doctor Award (Vitals) ; Compasionate Docior Award; Best of Ann Arbor Awards; Great Lakes Society of Oral Surgeon’s Award; Omicron Kappa Upsilon
Past president American College of Oral andMaxillofacial Surgery ; Past President American Association of Craniomaxillofacial Surgery; Past President Washtenaw County Medical Society ; Past Chief Delegate Michigan State Medical Society (Washtenaw County Medical Society)
Board of Trustees American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery; Secretary American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery; Past department head St Joseph Mercy Hospital Ann Ar bor Michigan; Past Secretary Department of Plastic Surgery St Joseph Mercy Hospital Ann Arbor Michigan
Listed in: Who’s Who in America; Who’s Who in the World; Who’s Who inAmerican Education; Who’s Who inMedicine and HealthCare; Who’s Who in Science and Engineering
”Miembro de Honor” of the Asociacion Argentina de Medicina y Cirugia Cosmetica.
- Editorial board American Health and Beauty
- Editorial board American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery
- Editorial board New You magazine 2008-10
- Maxillofacial Surgery Section Editor International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery
- Guest Editor American Journal of Cosmetic SurgeryEditorial Advisory Board Topics in Pain ManagementFounding Editor SURGE 2007-2010
- Regular contributor to the medical scientific literature and presenter at national meetings. His original scientific study on temperature changes and monitoring during laser assisted liposculpture appears in the March 2012 issue of the American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery.
- Editorial board of the American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery and Maxillofacial Surgery section editor for the International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery.
- Researcher, FDA pre approval study of cohesive gel silicone breast implants. A ten year FDA approved study of these implants has just been completed.
- Researcher in Mentor and Allergen FDA post approval silicone breast implant studies.
- Principal investigator of IRB approved pilot study of use of the cold Erconia laser for TMJ pain control
- Dr. Burke’s book chapter on cosmetic breast augmentation is available in Spanish: Cirugía Cosmética de las Mamas Femeninas in the new edition of: Temas Selectos en Cirugía Cosmética
There are not any reviews available at this time.